Wisconsin Virtual School (WVS), is Wisconsin’s Web Academy as designated and approved by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
WHY CHOOSE Wisconsin Virtual School for your online learning needs?
• WVS is a non-profit educational organization operated out of Cooperative Service Educational Agency (CESA) #9.
• WVS is a supplemental online course provider. Your students remain in YOUR district and are counted as YOUR students
• WVS offers middle and high school courses that meet Wisconsin standards and are taught by Wisconsin certified teachers with the majority of WVS teachers residing in our state.
• WVS is a solution for any school that wants to offer online courses to its local students in grades 6-12. We provide the content, platform, Wisconsin-certified online teachers, technical support, training, server, and much more. Core content and AP courses are NCAA approved.
• The courses are highly interactive and include students accessing online discussions, communicating with instructors through e-mail, audio/video activities, web conferencing, web links, and other resources.
• WVS complies with all state education regulations and administrative rules.
• WVS does not award credits or diplomas to students. Districts maintain control of local enrollments and policies concerning eligibility for WVS classes and credits awarded.
• WVS can be your resource for local policy development for administrators to navigate the creation and communication of district guidelines.
• WVS also offers an option of utilizing YOUR own district TEACHERS for a blended learning option. We can provide low cost online teacher training to your district when you partner with us and use our content and learning management system. Ongoing professional learning communities for your teachers are also available.
• Local Education Guide (LEG) training and resources are also offered at NO COST to your district. http://www.wisconsinvirtualschool.org/leg.asp
• WVS has offered online courses without a price increase since our inception in 2000!
• Volume pricing starts when your district has 50 or more enrollments throughout the school year.
• There are no minimum enrollments required, no membership fee, or contracts to sign.
• WVS provides district presentations for your school board, teachers, students and parents. “The Being a Successful Online Student” presentation has been well received across the state for parents and/or students. This assistance is also complimentary for schools utilizing the state-led program.
• WVS has helped schools develop their OWN virtual “school” without investing in content development, server purchasing and updates, and teacher training costs.