State Statute 116.02-03
Each Agency shall be governed by a Board of Control composed of members of school boards of districts within the Agency, in accordance with the plan of representation adopted at the Annual Convention.
The Board of Control shall:
- Hold an annual Organizational Meeting between the second Monday in May and the second Monday in August.
- Formulate a plan of representation.
- Elect the members of the Board of Control. Select a chairman, vice-chairman, and treasurer from among its members at the annual Organization Meeting. The Agency Administrator shall act as a nonvoting secretary to the Board of Control.
- Determine the policies of the Agency.
- Receive state aid for the operation of the Agency.
- Approve service contracts with school districts, counties, University of Wisconsin System, and Technical Colleges.
- Determine each participating local unit's prorated share of its cost of cooperative programs and assess such costs against each participating unit.
- Appoint and contract with an Agency Administrator.
- Meeting monthly and at the call of the chairman.
- Adopt by-laws for the conduct of its meetings.
- Require a bond of the treasurer and Agency Administrator.
- Authorize the expenditure of money for the actual and necessary expenses of the Board and Agency Administrator for the acquisition of equipment, space and personnel.
- Establish the salaries of the Agency Administrator and other professional and non-professional employees.
- Annually make an inventory of Agency property and file copies of it in the Agency office.
- Do all other things necessary to carry out the provisions of this sub-chapter (116.03, Wisconsin Laws, 1995.)